Thursday, April 2, 2009

no more goopy eye!!!

Elliott had eye "surgery" today. The doctor didn't want to call it surgery because he wasn't cut...he called it a "procedure". Anyway, Carrie came to our house last night so she could stay with Aaron while Andrew and I took Elliott to St. Francis. We had to be there at 7Am. Andrew and I got up at 6:30 and got ready and the had to wake Elliott up. He was such a trooper. He wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything until after the procedure. He only cried a tiny but when they pricked his finger to test his blood. He knew something was up and stayed pretty close to Andrew and I and clung to his lovies and paci. When the nurse took him from me to take him to the pre-op room he didn't even cry!!! He looked very scared but didn't make a peep...I almost lost it but he did great!!! He was put to sleep and that was so scary for me!!! They told me that the procedure went great and that his left eye was really really clogged. They woke him up in the operating and took him into recovery 1. I was able to see him once he was moved to recovery 1. He was awake and crying. It felt so good to hold him. I know it was very very minor but he is MY BABY!!! It took him probably 10 minutes to calm down. He wasn't crying hard...just fussing but is was very sad fussing. It broke my heart. They told me that he didn't want to ride on the bed to the recovery room so the doctor carried him. That made me feel good...I knew he was not just another kid to them...he was treated like an individual and really cared for. He must have been so so so scared!!! His nose was bleeding just a little bit and I was told to expect that. The doctor said that he only lost 2 drops of blood but that it would be mixed with his snot and that we might see some...not a big deal. Elliott did not act like he was in any kind of pain and was so happy to get some water and cookies!!! He was pretty sleepy when we got home around 10 but was himself. I gave him some oatmeal and pancakes and he played...then he ran into his bedroom and woke up Aaron =) Carrie told us that when Aaron woke up this morning, she picked him up and he pointed to Elliott's empty bed...she told him he was not there right then. How sweet is that. I love my boys so very much. They are such sweet little guys. The boys ate lunch and took a nap while Carrie and I went shoe shopping....it is not easy to find baby boy shoes....or zebra print shoes for Carrie. Elliott was his happy self this evening....like nothing odd happened today at all. I am so glad its done and so glad he doesn't have to go through his life with a goopy eye!!! I have to call his doctor on Monday to let him know how his eyes are doing. He was pretty confident that the super clogged duct was taken care of but said that he might have some goop for the next couple of days. I am just so proud of my little boys. Aaron was not scared or super upset this morning waking up without his parents or brother...Elliott was a trooper all day. Andrew and I are the most blessed parents ever and I pray that we never take our tots for granted!!!

No comments: