Monday, March 3, 2008

the hicks babies have gone wireless!!!

Elliott and Aaron are no longer on apnea monitors!!! What a glorious day!!! I was super happy and not worried about it until I called my mom and she said "I hope you can sleep okay tonight and aren't up checking that the babies are breathing all night". Thanks mom...I wasn't really thinking about that. Then Andrew came home and also said something like that...I think that they are fine. God will take care of them...and it's not like the monitors were making them continue to breath. They do it on their own because they are AWESOME!!! Also, the crazy lady from the Health Department came today. My mom asked what she came for and she told her its because the babies are high risk since they were born early. The lady, Alice, weighed and measured the babies. Elliott is 22 inches and weighs 10 pounds!!! Aaron is 21 inches and weighs 10 pounds!!! Jackson (nephew born July 2nd) probably weighs 14 pounds by now...my little chunks are going to outweigh him before we know it!!! I love my babies but Julie has such cute little kids...I kind of wish mine would have stayed tiny for a little longer. Cassidy (niece born April 20) is tiny too. It's strange to have normal size babies among all these tiny ones...I think they are normal size...I think they gain so much so fast because they are formula fed. I just hope that they are healthy and not over weight. I have major weight issues and don't want to put that on my kids. I want them to grow up with healthy body images and really am praying that I don't make them think that they need to be on diets. Maybe its more of a girl thing...I don't know. Maybe being aware of my own self image issues will help me keep my boys self images healthy. Well...now that I am done with that tangent I must be off to feed my second born...sweet little Aaron with his big tummy and chubby cheeks....oh so kissable =)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Jennie Wren,

I don't think I have seen your stroller but it sounds great! Hope the weather is nice next week - we can shopping and maybe the JJJ's from Mackinaw can come and we can all go to lunch (2 nieces and 4 greats - I'll be in Aunt Heaven!

Regarding not being able to put many packages under the stroller - Andrew can always go with you and he can push the stroller and you can push a big cart to fill.

You're welcome, Andrew!!!!!!!

Love,
A.Shar-Shar

Anonymous said...

Its about time the twins went wireless! After all, your husband works for Verizon Wireless.

Oh, that's not what you meant. :)