Sunday, December 7, 2008

nebulizer and croup

I have no excuse for not blogging...I have just been lazy.

The boys had their last "first" on Thanksgiving for a while. How sad...I guess Aaron still needs to get his first tooth and take his first step... They had so much fun playing with their cousin Ashley's toys on Thanksgiving. She had tons of play food and a kitchen...she's in college now and doesn't play with that stuff anymore (as far as I know!!!). We will have to get them something like that soon...or when they have outgrown some of their baby stuff they are still playing with. We also put Aaron in a doll baby buggy of Ashley's and had Jenna push him. Its a pretty cute picture...I will post them soon.

The day after Thanksgiving Elliott started to get a cough and runny nose. Aaron started with the same stuff Sunday afternoon. They had their well baby check on Monday. Aaron started croup coughing on the way to the doctor office. He felt pretty bad by the time we got there and it's only a 15 minute drive!!! Elliott was feeling pretty bad too but I think Aaron was scared because it hurt to cough and he didn't know what was going on. They weighed and measured them but I, again, don't know how accurate the measurements are since they were super upset and the nurses were hurrying. Two different nurses measured them too. Aaron weighed in at 20.7 pounds and Elliott 19.11. Aaron was 28 1/4 inches and Elliott 28 inches. Here is the thing...when they stand up together, which they do all the time, Elliott is taller than Aaron. Anyway, Aaron was given a steroid shot and breathed epinephrine through the nebulizer at the office to help with his croup. He coughed a little when we got in the car but not again after that!!! Praise God!!! Elliott was wheezing and had an ear infection. He was given antibiotics and has to use the nebulizer at home with albuterol. They had a recheck on Thursday. Aaron is down to just having a cold...they don't do anything for that and Elliott was "wheezing all over" so he is up from 3 nebs a day to 4. He's doing pretty well with them so I won't complain. I just hope he grows out of it. Both seem to be feeling better every day.

Aaron is getting braver and braver. I have thought he was going to take a step several times but he always just goes to his knees to crawl. Elliott is walking more than crawling now. He is good at turning and walking around things too. Now we just need to find shoes with arches that fit them!!! I think they might have unusually small feet or I am just not shopping at the right stores. I used the shoe chart on the Old Navy, Gap, and Children's Place websites and their feet didn't even get to the smallest shoe size. I think shoes are important so if you have any suggestions let me know.

So..the boys are doing more and more grown up things. Elliott tried to put his sock back on and Aaron tried to put his santa hat back on. Both are doing well at drinking milk from sippies rather than bottles...even Aaron!!! Aaron held his bottle yesterday too!!! I think Aaron might be getting a tooth but I have been thinking that off and on for several months. Elliott's 5 tooth should be popping through any day. Aaron has decided that he is a picky eater again. Today he refused mashed potatoes, turkey, and fruit and yogurt. He would only eat deli turkey...smoked turkey at that...that has a strong flavor...he is a weird kid. Elliott loves yogurt!!! I wish Aaron did. I will keep trying with him. Hopefully he will remember that he likes everything soon. I don't know if either of them will eat green beans anymore. Neither of them can get enough Gerber Juice Treats. I am pretty sure Elliott threw his first real fit yesterday. He was drinking from the red sippy and Aaron from the blue. I don't like them to switch because then I don't know if Elliott has drank everything or if Aaron has had some too. Anyway, Elliott decided he wanted the blue one and I gave him the red one. I put the blue one out of his reach. He layed on the floor and rolled while kicking and crying and threw the red sippy. Later he and Aaron both wanted a bottle that was in the tub. Aaron took it from Elliott and Elliott tried to rip Aaron's face off!!! I am kind of freaking out because I don't know how to deal with it. I thought they would not fight...seriously I did!!! I thought they would be sweet forever!!! Don't feel bad for Aaron though!!! Elliott has put up with a lot this past year from Aaron =)

Oh my...I must pay attention to my boys now. Aaron is trying to eat a wagon wheel in one bite...

Jen

No comments: