Tuesday, July 22, 2008

maybe I am an awesome mom

Well....it's 7:52 pm. The babies took their last bottles at 6pm. Aaron left 3 ounces....Elliott drank one of Aaron's ounces...then Aaron puked a bunch...so since 6 I have fed two babies, bathed two babies (bathed Aaron twice because he puked lots in the tub), dried and dressed two babies (dressed Aaron twice because he puked what he ate 4 hours ago on his jammies), rocked two babies, and put two babies to sleep. I have also washed bottles, put the bath stuff away and straightened the living room a little. Now I am sitting down to finish my frosty. I am kind of tooting my own horn but probably not for long. I am guessing that Aaron will be awake in the next 15 minutes. He couldn't stay asleep for more than 5 minutes at a time last night from about 7:30 until about 9:15. It was nuts and I am not exaggerating. He slept for about 30 minutes and Andrew and I enjoyed baked potatoes from Wendy's (hence my frosty). He woke up after that I just took him to our bed where he slept happily until about 6:30 am. Elliott also had a bad night. He couldn't stay asleep and sounded in pain. Oh..Aaron is up!!! It only took 3 minutes!!! He is asleep again...hopefully for a longer time...like an hour...I would be happy with an hour. Aaron has decided today that he can't go to sleep on his own so now I am having to rock him too. It's kind of sweet but I want it to be over. I want them to fall asleep on their own and stay asleep for hours.

Elliott is sitting up very well now. He has also decided to sleep on his tummy, cross his ankles, and stick his butt up. I love it!!! Aaron isn't really doing anything new other than not eating much...I guess he really is eating just not when I want him to. We have some awesome pictures that I am not able to post on snapfish. It tried to load for an hour so I gave up. I will post some here. Well...I guess since it's 8:30 and my babies are sleeping I will read a book and wait for Andrew to get home. Later tater



Elliott does smile...just not for our camera


They are playing together.


They have a cool bench!



Aaron rolled under his bed and found toys!!!

They do wear clothes...they are not always in jammies...they are just usually the happiest after their first bottle in the morning...before they have had a day of not napping.

2 comments:

Josh Frank said...

Great pictures! Here's to hoping for good sleep.

Niecy said...

They are so cute and it is nice to pat yourself on the back sometimes! You are the BOMB!