Monday, May 16, 2011

story

I have to type this out before I forget!

When Molly was about 18 months old I took one of the boys frog potties down for Molly to use if she decided to potty learn early. Tonight before I stuck her in the bathtub she was sitting on the potty (as she does sometimes) with her diaper on. I took her diaper off and explained that it would be awesome if she pooped or peed in there. She sat back down and REALLY tried to poop...she didn't but at least I know she knows what to do in the potty. After baths I told her that if she needed to pee she should sit on the frog potty. She ran to the bathroom (she runs everywhere...she runs down hills and NEVER falls down...its nuts). I asked the boys if they would see if she peed in the frog potty while I gathered their jammies. They said she didn't but she nodded her head yes that she did. I forgot all about this until the boys were in the bathroom before they went to bed to brush their teeth and pee. There was a little puddle just outside the frog potty. I asked Aaron if it was Molly's pee and he said yes...I then said that it would be pretty awesome if she started using the potty and wearing undies like they do. Elliott made the observation that she is too little to sit on the big toilet like they do and that she would fall in. He said he would be really sad if we flushed her! He then said that the police would come and get her out. Aaron agreed that it would be so sad if Molly got flushed because we wouldn't "have our baby anymore". He also agreed that the police would come and get her out...that the police man would use a fishing pole and get her out of the toilet. I am so glad they love her enough to make sure they have a plan to fish her out of the toilet. What sweet big brothers Molly has!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i love your stories and want to hear more :)