Thursday, February 7, 2008

good news/bad news

Aaron went to see the urologist, Dr. Reid, yesterday. Lots of good news!!! His hypospadias fixed itself and the hydrocele is getting better. He could still need surgery to fix it but his older cousin Jake had the surgery so I am sure if Aaron needs it he will also be just fine!!! The bad news is that Aaron threw up 4 bottles in a row last night/this morning. I called the pediatrician, Dr. Maini, this morning to see if we needed to switch formulas again. I talked to a nurse who told me to bring him in. Andrew had to work today so I had to bring both boys by myself....that was some hard work!!! People said "wow! Your hands are full" and wouldn't help me!!! What the heck?!?! Anyway, I told the doctor that he had been thowing up more often with this new formula that is supposed to help him not throw up. She said that he could be getting an infection (no fever), he could have reflux (was diagnosed with that in the NICU) and his tummy could be extra sensitive to the new formula, or he could have some kind of sickness that would need surgery. This sickness thing is when the stomach muscles grow too fast and there isn't any room for food...or something like that. I was so sure that that wasn't the problem that I didn't really pay attention. Maybe I should have... So Aaron was to have 2 oz of pedialyte every two hours for at least 4 feedings and then have 2 oz of Enfacare (old formula) every two hours. I called the Dr back at 3 like I was supposed to and have to call again in the morning. If he continues to throw up then he will have to have a tummy ultrasound. He is very hungry but was able to keep the pedialyte down and his first formula feeding. I am hoping that things will continue this way throughout the night and Dr. Maini will want to put both boys on a different formula, Gentlease. This is supposed to be super easy on their bellies. The Enfamil AR (the new formula) makes Aaron puke and makes poor Elliott constipated. He has been screaming when he poos. Poor poor little guy!!! I guess that is all the news I have. Oh...I looked to see if I could post a link to the house, but it's not online anymore...guess because we bought it =) I will post pictures of the house and of the boys soon!!!
Jen

No comments: