Sunday, February 17, 2008

Praise God for Avanit's and Sprite

It's been awhile!!! I want to start out by saying that last week I was able to get a shower 3 days in a row!!! I have been really stressing out over Aaron puking so much and both boys not being able to sleep without being held. I have had to break down and ask for help. My mom has come after work to help out and spent the weekend here. Sharon came two days last week and Grandma Bock was also here. It's just been a little crazy here lately. We are way super excited to move into the house!!! We will have an entire refrigerator to ourselves and everything!!!

I am trying to remember what I wrote in the last blog...I don't remember so I might repeat myself. Aaron kept puking so he had an ultra sound of his tummy. It was fine so we started the Gentlease for both boys. Elliott is now pooping almost everyday and Aaron is puking much much much less. The problem now is all the gas they have. They will both still be burping 2 hours after they ate. Also, Elliott has MAJOR gas issues. Aaron has been screaming after he eats and we think its gas. It could also be reflux. It's so hard to know. Aaron has been taking Zantac for his reflux and it wouldn't be working yet if it will work but maybe he doesn't even have reflux. I don't know if I am just putting too much guilt on myself but I think that things would be lots easier for my little babies if they were getting breast milk. They have always been gassy but not this bad. I know that going to formula only was the right choice (I think) but to hear my babies scream in agony makes me feel pretty terrible. It's hard to say what is making their tummies hurt...in the week that things started to get bad they received shots, I stopped breast feeding, and we switched formula. It could have been any of those things or a combination. All I know for sure is that I am feel super guilty for not giving them the milk that is best for them. My mom did some research online and thinks they might have a milk protein allergy. The Gentlease should be easier for them but there is yet another formula that is made for babies with this allergy. It's called Nutramigen. The Gentlease has partially broken down protein and less lactose. The Nutramigen has "extensively broken down protein" and no lactose. I really don't want to switch again but this gassiness is just awful and I don't think its normal. I don't think that it's okay for poor little Aaron to be in pain and for Elliott to have so much gas. His tummy has to hurt too. I am going to call the doctor AGAIN and talk to her about my concerns. I know she thinks we are crazy!!!

Oh!!! The boys had thier Synagis shots on Tuesday and Elliott weighs a whopping 9 pounds while Aaron weighed in at 8 pounds 5 ounces. They are so big!!! At least all the puking hasn't make either one of them stop growing. I can't believe how little they started...I miss my tiny babies!!!

The babies are smiling alot and it seems like they know what we are talking about when we talk to them. Both love to be sung to and to be told stories. I posted more pictures on snapfish so be sure to check them out. Becky, if you are reading this I promise that I will email you soon. I think that I want to be your BFF =) Well, I need to go now...Aaron just projectile puked *sigh* and Elliott needs a bottle.

2 comments:

Shelia Wallace said...

What is our snap-fish account? Julie was going to send it to me, but didn't and I forgot to ask.

Thanks,
Shelia

Jen said...

I need your email address to send it to you, but no problem.