Saturday, May 10, 2008

GRRRR COMPUTER

I shouldn't be mad at the computer...I need to be mad at AT&T I guess for not having good service way out here in the country...oh wait...we don't live in the country...what the crap? I thought maybe it was Snapfish so I tried to put pictures on walmart. That didn't work either. I am not trying to put 100 on at a time....just one...that's all I ask...just let me put ONE in the 3-6 month album!!! Now the silly Internet will not allow me to shop on line for car stickers...yes that is right...the Hickses (yes you say HicksES...not the Hicks...)are getting car stickers....the family stick figure stickers to stick on the car window. I cant' wait...but will have to since the internet is too crappy to load stick figures!!! Okay...I will be done with my rant and talk about the boys...
First off I would like to apologize to our wonderful friend Eric for not mentioning that Elliott and Aaron finally were able to meet you and also to the old wise one....you were here ALL the time and it was great!!! Grandpa Shurts stops by usually once a week and Sharon too. We all really miss the rest of the aunts....especially Joy since we haven't seen her since Christmas....she will fall over when she sees these guys now!!! Too bad I can't down load any pictures!!!

So...I do believe that they still love their cribs but t
hey have been a little more difficult lately. I just don't think that 10 minutes counts as a nap!!! They are doing a little better today but that just means that maybe they won't tomorrow or maybe they will do even better because Grandma Bock brought presents this weekend!!! Now they boys have their own mobiles for their cribs. They are super awesome too!!! I kind of want to steal the Ocean Wonders one for my bed!!! It makes fish and star's on the ceiling!!!

Since we brought them home, they have been sleeping on sleep positioners that I used to put blankets under to make them very inclined to help with reflux and help with breathing. They are made out of
memory foam. Elliott has been trying to seep on his side but has a difficult time because this bolster thing prevents him from rolling. I decided that maybe he didn't need the thing anymore and took it out his crib. He didn't sleep for an entire day. I put it back in and he went right to sleep. They can't sleep on those things forever....do they make a memory foam mattress pad for cribs? What picky little babies I have. Aaron can't tolerate generic formula and Elliott won't sleep unless he is on memory foam...goodness

Elliott and Aaron on Earth Day...sorry you have to tilt your head for this one...I flipped it but it flipped back...maybe its me and not the Internet...Elliott's shirt says "Hug Me Hug a Tree" and Aaron's says "Love Me Love the Ea
rth"

On a super happy note....the
next Peoria Mothers of Twins thing is this Thursday...I hope it fun!!! Also....I alphabetized and categorized ALL our CD's....so happy that is finally done. I know I am crazy...

I think that Elliott and Aaron are learning something new everyday. They can pick up their favorite monkey teether thing while in the applesaucer (it's an exersaucer but Andrew calls it the applesaucer and I think its really funny) and chew on it...I always miss when they actually get it because I am usually feeding the baby that is not in the applesaucer, but I know they are getting it by themselves. They amaze me. They still ca
n't wear their 3-6 month Old Navy jeans but will soon be in 6-9 month sleep and plays. The crazy health department lady (yes I can call her crazy because I believe that she is...I am not using her name so she cannot sue me just in case you were concerned) was here on Monday. She said that developmentally they are on target for being 3 months. She always tests them at their adjusted age. They do some things that only 5% of 3 month old babies do. They will be caught up in no time...she also reassured me that Aaron's head is fine...so hopefully he won't be wearing a helmet to correct his flat spot. She also weighed and measured them. They are both almost 14 pounds and she measured them as being the same length. Aaron looks shorter when they are laying next to each other but I guess I will believe the crazy health department lady until we see Dr. Maini at the end of the month. Can you believe 14 pounds!!! I am not sure that their year old cousin Cassidy weighs 14 pounds!!! 9 month old cousin Jackson I think only weighs 15 or 16...I guess I shouldn't compare Elliott and Aaron to other babies. Julie has these little tiny babies and apparently Katie does too. Mine must be the regular version. It's just hard to believe the 5 months ago they weighed less than 3 pounds..which makes me wonder why I gained so much weight!!! I was not even carrying 6 pounds of baby and I gained 50!!! And boy oh boy is it coming off slow....or not at all. Grandma Bock said that since it takes a year sometimes to get back into pre-pregnancy clothes...I get until the end of January because that was when the babies were supposed to come...I think I'll need those extra two months!!! Well...that was a tangent...

they are trying to hold hands =) You can't tell me that this isn't one of the cutest pictures you have ever seen....It looks like Elliott is saying "don't worry Aaron...I got ya". These little outfits say "runs on natural gas"...Julie found them and I had to get them since I have the gassiest babies EVER!!!

One last thing and then I will be done with the crazy blog...For mother's day Annie painted a plate for Grandma Bock (seeing as it's hard to go to a pottery painting place when you have two babies). I took the boys there when she was finished and we painted their hands and feet and made prints on the plate...they didn't do so well with their hands...they kept making fists...but their feet were very cute...grandma Schwiderski has too many grandkids for a plate so she is getting a bowl...hope she doesn't read this tonight!!! When I saw the finished plate I wanted to keep it!!! It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen in my life..but then again I have this thing with baby feet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE baby feet!!! I am so happy I get four!!! OK...I am done now I think...I will attach one more picture...I am so glad blogspot lets me have pictures to share!!!



So....Andrew caught two smiles!!! Elliott does smile super big like Aaron is doing but they get so distracted by the camera!!! Check out their chunky legs!!! I am so proud of their chunky legs...they certainly didn't start out that way =)

Thanks for reading!!!
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Happy Mother's Day! Your first one!!! :D They are adorable, especially the one where they are holding hands. So precious!

Niecy said...

Jen they are so freakin' adorable!!!! They are so big too! I can't believe they were only 3 lbs.!!!! Give all their little toes kisses for me. Oh and I'm Julie's crazy friend in GA. LOL. Thanks for the update!