Tuesday, May 13, 2008

we are dorks

We bought a mini van today. We are dorks. I really really really really didn't want to be a van owner but we had to. We have been driving around for months in a tiny car. If the babies were in the car the front seats had to be so far up that the drivers knees were in the steering column and the passengers knees (if it was me) were touching the glove compartment. It was so very uncomfortable and probably not that safe to be so close to the air bags!!! If we had the stroller with us we couldn't bring anything else or buy anything. It just wasn't big enough. We plan on using the stroller for a few years and it just doesn't fit in trunks....it does but then you can't fit anything else in the trunk or in the back seat with two car seats there...we thought about an SUV but we would have had to had a big one and I think they use more gas. I cute little RAV4 just couldn't hold our babies and their stuff. So...we have a black Town and Country....its kind of awesome. We can open the sliding doors from inside our house!!! It's handy to have power doors!!!

I forgot to mention that on Mother's Day the babies talked to each other. It was the sweetest thing I think I have ever seen. They were napping on Annie's bed. I heard them and peeked in. They were looking at each other and talking. Then it was like one said to the other "lets cry so mommy picks us up". I love them so much

They have been going to bed around 8pm...and skipping their last bottles. It's so strange, but I love it!!! If only Andrew and I would get smart and also go to bed at 8 we wouldn't be so grumpy when Aaron wakes up at 3 wanting his paci.

Well..I'm off to bed!!!
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A minivan huh?? Wow, you are a few years removed from being an official Soccer Mom!

Congrats!

The momma said...

It is no fun going to bed at 8pm though. You need to teach them to stay up late and sleep in all morning so you can miss playdates and be late for Dr. appointments and fun stuff like that.

A from Florida said...

I am Happy, I just found out that Dave and I have been Dorks for years. We have had a van for a long time. When you have the next two you will have to get a bus. How dorky would that be!!!!!!!!

Niecy said...

Awe! That is so cute - talking to each other. :-) Congrats on the new van too! I am an anti-van person, but I know they come in handy!