Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I am a little sad about this first Mother's Day. I didn't really have any expectations but somehow feel disappointed. I had a good day. I fed Elliott at 7 and Andrew fed Aaron at 7:30. I took Elliott to bed with me and we slept until 10!!! That was very very nice. Then mom came and picked us up to go to Annie's house. It was fun to be with the family. Everyone was playing Wii but I didn't. I guess I was just too lazy to go down stairs...or I knew that the babies wouldn't sleep very well so I might as well stay upstairs to put their pacis back in their sweet little mouths. Andrew brought home two new Singstar games last night and I guess it's nice but not very Mother's Day like you know....Now the day is done....I guess I should have told Andrew that I would have liked something to remember my first Mother's Day...like framed NICU pictures with now pictures to see how far the boys have come...or something like what we did for the grandmas....hand and foot prints on something. He is busy and probably wouldn't have had time anyway but I still feel sad....kind of like the day went by and he didn't think it was important. I am still going to make his first Father's Day as memorable as possible and I guess I will just make something from the babies for myself for Mother's Day....
Jen

4 comments:

The momma said...

Boys are dumb...I think my first 5 Mother's Day were like that...mostly because "YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER" UGH I hate that. Maybe you can just celebrate a few days late ;-)

Anonymous said...

One thing you are finding out, and will continue to find out, is that the vast majority of men do not think like women do. What is special for a man is not what is special for a woman, and vice versa. In a woman's mind you shouldn't have to, but the reality is, if you want something to mean something romantic and memorable, you have to drop some hints. Especially knowing Andrew, he is pretty dense on being romantic... although he does try. I know he doesn't do it intentionally, but its all new to him too. I personally wouldn't have chosen Singstar, but that's just me. haha.

And remember, you have many, many, many more mother's days to look forward to. :D

The momma said...

I think what Eric meant was...

BOYS ARE DUMB!!!!!!!!! :-)

Niecy said...

{{{HUGS}}} HAPPY belated MOTHER'S DAY!!!!