Thursday, September 11, 2008

boy are my hands full!!!

I can't say that today was a bad day. It wasn't...it was actually pretty great. I made dinner!!! The babies slept well...they ate well...I was just chasing them everywhere and they are sooo heavy!!! Anytime they weren't in baby zoo I was chasing them around. It's kind of fun but difficult. I am not complaining. I couldn't wait for them to do something other than lay on their backs. I knew that it might be crazy at times...and it is. Bath time is usually the most challenging...but that just started this week. I really wish you could see Elliott in his shark towel crawling around. It's just so funny. What is not funny is that they now think they can crawl around and stand up in the tub. I used to be able to dress Aaron while Elliott played and then dress Elliott while Aaron played. Now I have to be dressing Aaron while I am keeping Elliott in their room and interested in a toy. Today Elliott was more than happy to stand up and play with the incrediblock. I had just started to dry Aaron off when I noticed that Elliott wasn't playing. I looked at him, he looked down at his "bits and pieces" and peed on the incrediblock, his foot, and the floor. I wasn't mad...he didn't do it on purpose, but I did have a bit of a problem...a big wet spot on the floor and two naked babies. At least I didn't have to worry about Elliott peeing again =) I quickly grabbed some laundry and soaked up the pee the best I could. I couldn't clean the incrediblock but I figured pee is sterile right?!?! I prayed that Elliott wouldn't stand in the pee spot. I dried and dressed Aaron and chased after Elliott who was crawling very fast out the door. As I grabbed Elliott, Aaron made a dash for the door. I think they understand each other and tell each other to do stuff. I managed to get Elliott dressed without problems. Then I grabbed some paci's, grabbed the babies and sat in the rocking chair. They sat on my lap while I read them "Pajama Time". Then I started to sing the three songs I sing to them every night. They did well for a few minutes and then the paci stealing began. UGH....It is getting increasingly difficult to keep their hands away from each other on my lap...my lap is large but the babeis are growing and growin and taking more room...their little hands are so fast too!!! I layed them down and they went to sleep...YAY BABIES!!! A few night ago, both babies were bathed, dressed, and ready for bed. I was helping Aaron or giving him something .....I don't remember...Elliott pulled himself up on the humidifier and managed to pull it over and dump kind of a lot of water...they are so fast!!! I am lucky in that most of the time when they are on the move they are going in the same direction. They crawled from our room to the kitchen for breakfast this morning...they cried all the way there but they made it!!!

Elliott can pick up puffs and cheerios and eat them. Aaron picks them up and then shakes his hand around to get them unstuck from his hand....he is funny. I tried to teach him how to feed himself and he loved all the clapping and praise and laughs he got from Elliott and I. I was talking to my mom today about how it seems like Aaron watches Elliott do stuff and when he decideds that he can do it he does. Mom said that she thinks maybe his is watching to see what happens to Elliott when he does stuff before he will try....what a smart cookie!!! Well...I am super distracted...I hope this all made some kind of sense...I am watching nanny 911 so I know what do and what NOT to do!!!


Andrew was able to spend some time with the boys during his lunch break


Happy standing Elliott


Happy standing Aaron


Elliott


Aaron crackin' out

1 comment:

TypeOneEric said...

I simply cannot believe the boys are that big already!!