Wednesday, September 24, 2008

growing

Well...I don't have much news. The boys are still growing, still learning. They only want to eat pancakes and fruit...yay. I made a bunch of butternut squash and sweet potatoes for them and they seemed to like what I made...just not what is bought so I guess I am back to making baby food. I know it's cheaper...I thought maybe it wasn't but it really is (yes Julie I know I need to always listen to you (= ). I am going to crockpot some chicken breasts and over cook some small pasta to see if I can get them to eat it. I didn't puree the squash and potatoes so it's nice and thick. I am kind of freaked out that they won't be able to eat actual solid foods ever and I really don't want to ruin them. We also bought some tofu to put in some of their food for the added protein. I have also read in a book Julie gave me that tofu is a good finger food snack. I don't know if they will eat it but I'll try.

I am very excited and happy to say that we started the boys on regular formula right after they stopped being sick. So...no more Gentlease...regular Enfamil Lipil. We did this hoping that if they could tolerate it we would start giving them generic formula. We started that a few days ago and they are doing great. We are giving them Target brand infant formula. It's about $12 a can instead of $25 a can!!! What a money saver!!! Parents Choice (Walmarts off brand) may be cheaper but I have been super unhappy with every Parents Choice thing I have tried with them. The diapers (in my opinoin) are terrible. I wish they were awesome because they are like 1/4 of the cost of my beloved Pampers. The wipes made both of my boys have red butts...poor guys! I guess that is all that I have tried but if the diapers and wipes are bad then I am not about to let my babies drink anything Parents Choice!!! It is not this parents choice =)

Well...I guess that is it. I am too sleepy to post pictures. I need to get in my morning nap before the boys decide theirs is over. Oh...Elliott can climb...yay (that is sarcastic).

Jen

3 comments:

annabelle said...

Yay Elliott! I know you were being sarcastic, but that's fun that he can climb. I wonder if he'll have suction cups on his feet like Jake did.

Anonymous said...

What is Elliott climbing on? I also remember Jake's suction cups. This summer I sat in Jen's rocking chair by the living room picture window and watched Jackson climb onto the little bench by the coffee table, stand up, put his left leg on the coffee table, then put his right leg up on the window sill, and with both hands flat against the glass pulled his left leg up to the sill so he was standing up with both little feet on the sill and both hands on the window.

Is this a family thing? Does it have anything to do with Jen's love of monkeys?

Maybe when Aaron learns to climb they can all stand in the picture window looking out...See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil!

They are all so cute!

A.Sharon

Jen said...

sounds super Sharon...