Sunday, October 5, 2008

sick again

The boys are sick again. It sucks. It is not as bad as last time but I somehow feel like it's my fault. Is my house too dusty? Do I need to vacuum more? Maybe I am not washing my hands enough...I don't know. I feel terrible, the boys feel terrible. Aaron couldn't sleep last night. At about 11pm I told Andrew that I didn't know what to do for him. We ended up putting him in our bed...but he still didn't sleep and neither did we. He tossed and turned...and whimpered. It was sad. I think his throat hurts. He has yuck running down his throat and making him cough. Elliott is a snot factory as well. Both are sneezing very often and coughing. Aaron is coughing more. Its not scary like last time...their noses aren't stuffy and Elliott is not wheezing. Enough of me whining.

Andrew wanted me to blog this story:
Last night Andrew was home for the boys bath and bedtime. He was rocking Elliott and I was rocking Aaron. When we both are here for bedtime, one of us sits with a baby in the rocking chair and the other on the rocking chairs ottoman. Anyway, I always sing the same three songs to the babies for their naps and bedtime. Andrew is tired of these songs and wants new ones but I can't think of any to sing to them...so..that being said...sometimes Andrew tries to change this a little. Last night he decided to try to harmonize during the last song which was so funny! We both started laughing and woke our babies right up. We had to sing more songs to get them calm again but I couldn't stop thinking about him harmonizing and I kept laughing. That's the story...
hope you liked it.

Well...I have some pictures I would love to post but I can't find the card reader so you will just have to imagine how cute they are or just stop by and hang out for a while. Oh...Elliott had Aaron's lovie again today after a nap. I wonder if Elliott steals it from him when he is sleeping to get Aaron back from stealing stuff from him and pulling his hair and using him to stand up during the day....

2 comments:

TypeOneEric said...

Oh, the joys of twins. When one gets sick, they both get sick.

Don't worry though. You are a good mom. I think sometimes you are too hard on yourself. :)

The momma said...

I read this last night, in bed, and giggled so much I woke Jack up. I just read it again to Joe and laughed so hard I am crying. I think I will read this everytime I am having a bad day. I could soooo see that happening here.

And Eric is right, you are too hard on yourself. Babies get sick. Your babies pr'y get sick from my germ infested kids...