Friday, October 24, 2008

we finally got to go!!!

Well, we finally got to go to Tanner's. It was cold and yucky and we probably should have stayed home. I am sad that we didn't get pictures of the boys feeding the goats or playing on the playground or even sitting in a pumpkin patch but I guess we have next year. I took some pictures of them in their stroller holding two little pumpkins I picked off of a table...not out of a patch. Andrew stayed inside with the boys and I picked out two pumpkins for us. I really am disappointed..this is their first fall, first Halloween, and first Thanksgiving and I just wanted to be able to do stuff. I wanted everything perfect but I guess nobody really gets that right?

I am having a hard time getting good pictures and video of the boys because as soon as any kind of camera is out they come attack me. I hope this phase ends soon =)

I really don't have much to write about Elliott and Aaron. They are pretty much doing the same things. Elliott can stand without holding on for longer periods of time and he pushes up from a toy on the floor or from my legs if I am sitting on the floor. He is getting braver but I don't think he will be walking by next Friday. I haven't seen Aaron let go and stand yet but I think it will be soon. He might have even done it tonight because he managed to open two cabinet doors and pull out a pot. Elliott has been sort of opening cabinets for a while but started to really get them open and get stuff out today. Aaron watched and followed =) Also, when I went to see Jordan in the hospital and Carrie was watching the boys she reported that Aaron climbed on a box (I keep lots of boxes around because they are their favorite toys) in order to reach stuff behind the super gate.

My sisters Julie and Annie and our friend Jamee took Julie's 4 children to Disney World last week. Each of Julie's younger kids had a fever for a day and a cough and it went away. Jordan (the oldest, he's 13) got a fever on Monday of last week. It was thought that it would go away like the other kids. He didn't feel well enough to go with them to Disney a few days and stayed at the resort. Julie called to check on him all the time and he sounded better. He wanted to go with them and ended up going back because he wasn't feeling well. Anyway...I might have some of these facts wrong but I think I have the jest of it. I think Julie called the doctor and they told her to just give him meds to keep the fever down. They got home last Friday night. Joe (brother-in-law, or bother-in-law if you have read past posts) took Jordan to a prompt care place where they thought he was having a bad asthma attack. They did a breathing treatment but said that if it didn't get into his lungs he would need to go to the ER. Well, he ended up at the ER and was then admitted to the hospital. He had super bad pneumonia...one lung was pretty full. He was released Tuesday. I think he went to school Thursday but they told him not to come the next day because they wanted him to rest and get better. He can't finish football this season and is not able to play basketball this year. Julie reminded me ( I don't remember this at all) that Jordan had RSV when he was about 4 months old I think. She took him to the ER a billion times and they always sent her home. I think he was diagnosed after he was better. Anyway, they told her that he would have a greater chance of getting asthma and pneumonia. Jordan really scared all of us. He lost a ton of weight and was just SOOO sick. This RSV things has me even more scared for Elliott and Aaron. I have been saying that we will not be leaving the house after October 31st. I know that is crazy but I don't want them hooked up to machines again. Oh...I just got a text from Carrie. They are on their way to the ER with Jordan. So so so so scary. Okay...it's official. We are not going anywhere after the 31st until March. Now I need to go and worry about my Jordan.

Jen

These pictures are all out of order but I am not changing them. It has taken this computer 32 minutes to move the pictures from our cards and put them in Kodak. GRRRR







Elliott with his little pumpkin


Aaron with his little pumpkin...I think I added a better one of Aaron...





Elliott sporting two different babylegs.


Elliott watching Wonder Pets


This is a little better...he was cold and grumpy...even inside


They reached through the gate and grabbed Carrie's purse and continued to pull on it thinking it would come through...when that didn't work they just reached through and tried to get into her purse...








Look how fast Aaron is moving!!!




In the first video Elliott had opened the door. I put everything back and closed it and two seconds later Aaron's opened both and took out a pot =)

No comments: