Saturday, October 25, 2008

11 months

I know its nuts to blog two days in a row but I'm doing it!!! Elliott and Aaron are 11 months old today so that means its time for a sappy "they've grown so much" blog. As I was rocking the boys before a nap today I began to think about how much room they take on my lap now. They were so very little...even when they were home...even in March!!! I could hold both of them so easy. I remember being so worried about them being held too much and wanting them to sleep in the bassinet and not have people hold them when they were asleep. If I could do it over again I would be holding a baby every second I could. I remember Grandma Bock saying things like "I would have to hold them all day long" and I would think...are you kidding me. I need some ME time. I was the crazy one. They only get bigger...they don't get smaller. Oh how I would love to cuddle my 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 pound babies again!!! I think if we only had one baby I would be telling Andrew it was time for another!!! When we have our identical twin girls I will hold them all the time...I will carry them in sings...I will never put them down!!!

Andrew just informed me that he gets the first week of November off for a vacation!!! He hasn't had time off since the first week of January. He is stressed out, burnt out...in need of some time off. I know we are going to be expected to be in Henry and Indy alot but I think we need this time to relax and for Andrew to regroup. Please forgive us if you don't see us at all. The boys will be so happy to see their dad so much!!! They think he is awesome. I feel like crap when he is around. They hold their arms out to him and choose him over me = ( He doesn't prepare their food and clean their poop and wash their clothes and give them millions of hugs and kisses everyday...most of the time he just lays on the floor and hopes they don't hurt him!!! Really, he's a great dad. I give him a hard time in the morning because he is such a butt. He wants to see them but doesn't try real hard to wake up and make the best of being up at 7 when he doesn't work until 11:30. Anyway....WOOT WOOT...Andrew gets a vacation!!!

I forgot to mention that we took a day trip on Tuesday to Bolingbrook to meet with our friends Ashlee and Dustin from Elkhart. I was planning on leaving no later than 3 so we could be home to do the regular dinner and bedtime routine. That didn't happen. I fed the babies jarred baby food in the car for dinner and Andrew stopped so we could give them bottles and burp them. It was kind of nuts. They had been in carseats or highchairs or the stroller all day so they didn't want to go to sleep when we got home around 7. They didn't go to sleep until after 9. Andrew thought they would sleep until 9 the next morning...he was so wrong...they were up at 6:30 as usual. It was really good to see Ashlee and Dustin. Ashlee is pregnant. She is due just a couple weeks before our babies were due. I wish this year was last year so we were pregnant at the same time. That was what we wanted...who doesn't want to be pregnant at the same time as someone they are super close to??? Anyway...I don't want to do that again until the boys are older and not on such a tight napping and eating schedules. Enjoy the pictures. Sorry no videos today. I tried to download 2 from the delivery room but after 20 minutes one was still not on so I gave up. Maybe on the blog I write on their birthday. I did get good video of them today but it was on our video camera and I don't know how to use it with the computer yet. I haven't tried. I bet it's super easy. I hope we don't run out of room on the video camera...we don't have a computer that can burn our home videos to cd...we are so poor = ( But what we don't have in money we have in love (PUKE!!!)

Jen




Elliott 11 months old


It is VERY hard to get a good picture of both of them.


Elliott just wanted to eat the pumpkin stem


Aaron is too interested in the bench arm and I guess Elliott wanted to get down


This is Elliott standing and not holding on to anything


His feet look huge!!! I assure you they are not. What an awesome smile!!!


just playing


Aaron kept making that face today and screaming "DA DA DA DA DA DA"


Here he is again...he makes the best faces

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliott is really interested in looking at the camera. Aaron is doing his job working on the chair.
I love my best cousins.

From Jake

TypeOneEric said...

You do know that they are probably excited to see Andrew because they see you all day long. Its nothing more than a fresh friendly face around. :) They love their mom too!

annabelle said...

Pictures are great Jen. And I love that the pumkins match the shape of their heads. Can't believe just a month to go before the big birthday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jen and Andrew for letting us share in the lives of you and your precious, active little guys. It means more than you can know.

Love, A.Sharon

Niecy said...

You're right Aaron does make the best faces and HAPPY 11TH MONTH BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!! You guys definitely deserve some family relaxation time on Andrew's week off! Good for you guys!