Friday, August 22, 2008

crawling

Well...it has happened. Aaron crawled on his hands and knees today. Elliott is still "army crawling" on his tummy. He gets on his hands and knees but gives up and does what he knows to get where he wants to go. Aaron isn't very good at crawling yet but he did it. He went after a paci =) He can only do like 2 or 3 crawls at a time then he rolls over and smiles. He is so funny. The first time he did it I picked him up and hugged him and I cried....first they were rolling then Elliott figured out how to move forward then he got a tooth and now Aaron can crawl....whats next...college and marriage?!?!?

After one of their naps today, I put Aaron in Elliott's crib to see if they would play. We keep 4 extra pacis in their room on the floor by their beds for night emergencies...ie: crying baby and a paci somewhere on the floor. I gave the babies the 4 extra pacis along with the two they had in their mouths from sleeping. They played together with their pacis for over 15 minutes!!! It was super cute. Elliott started pushing them out of his crib...I think its too early for them to be learning to pick up game!!!

The boys had their 9 month well baby check up yesterday. I was happy to learn that they didn't even need blood tests because I am not breast feeding and they are getting tons of iron from all the baby cereal they get. We got to leave the office with happy babies!!! Andrew went with Elliott to be weighed and measured. I don't know exactly what happened but Elliott was crying and I don't think they got an accurate measurment. They said that Elliott is 26 inches long (not on the chart for his age) 16lbs 13oz (the 5th percentile) and his head is 18 inches (75th percentile!!!). Aaron is 26 1/2 inches long (5th percentile) 18 pounds!!! (10th percentile) and his head is also 18 inches....they must be very smart with such big brains in those big heads!!! Dr. Miani said to put more rice cereal in Aaron's bottles and to make sure his food is also thick (it is). If that doesn't work we can give him 1.5 ml twice a day or try a different med. My mom and aunt made me feel kind of bad. They said that he is not having a problem eating and gaining weight so why bother with more or different meds...am I medicating him for me? So I don't have to change his sheets so often or feel bad because he has been sleeping on puky sheets for weeks? Do I just not want to clean up puke anymore and its really not about Aaron feeling good? I don't know...I don't like it when I puke and if I did it all day long I would want that to end...I think I am doing it for him. Dr. Maini said that she thinks he will outgrow it soon. Elliott will get another head ultrasound when he is 1. She didn't seem worried about him at all so I won't worry about him either. She asked if they clap and say mama dada baba....they don't...well...I think Aaron claps but Elliott doesn't and they don't say mama dada baba. I felt like I needed to tell her that they are awesome and to BACK OFF but then she said that they are doing wonderful and that she didn't really expect them to be doing all the developmental things that 9 months old do since they would be 7 months if they were born at the right time. She even said that she was happy to see them doing some things that kids do around 9 months!!! GO ELLIOTT AND AARON!!! Well...thats it!!! Have a super night...
Jen

No comments: