Sunday, August 10, 2008

I LOVE MY TWINS!!!

I will try my best to make this less boring and shorter!!!

Andrew and I just finished having a leisurely steak dinner outside...with two sweet sleeping babies inside!!! YAY!!! Andrew has a difficult time letting them fuss for more than 2 seconds but he is working on it. I always check on them if they are crying but not if they are just making noise....I have to add that its amazing how they really are not crying!!! They know that we love them and that we will pick them up when they need it. Aaron slept in his bed from about 7:15pm until 5:45am!!! I think he would have fallen back asleep but Andrew went in and got him when he made his first peep. He had gotten Elliott out of bed about 30 minutes before. I think Andrew is sad when he doesn't get to snuggle with a baby. I know that I miss them when I don't snuggle with them when they are sleeping!!! They are such happier babies during the day and they are so funny!!!

Andrew did not work this weekend. He took if off so we could go to a wedding reception in Chicago. I was SOOOO excited to go. We were going to get to see Val and Josh, Tree, and Josh, Jillian, and Jude....unfortunatly Andrew made a "poor financial decision" (that I don't want to talk about) which made it not possible for us to go. It was probably for the best since the babies are FINALLY getting used to sleeping in their beds. Plus...(Elliott, Aaron, and I) got to spend TONS of time with Andrew and it was super. We discovered that Andrew is an awesome carpet puke spotter!!! Sometimes Aaron pukes and we don't even know until we find the little puddle later...I know that gross but its our life and YOU are choosing to read about it =) We need to not have carpet I think....

On a bit of a side note....we went to a garage sale on Saturday and the people had twin boys. I was so excited about getting some winter clothes...(hint hint...the babies don't have any fall or winter clothes =) I felt that the clothes were priced too high for a garage sale. Also, I know how much it stinks to have to look at every clothing price tag and mulitply it by two and so did the garage sale mom. If we ever have a garage sale with clothes at it and a mom of twins in buying...she gets a two for one deal. It's the decent thing to do. Sure...I probably paid full price but that doens't mean I can't try to pay it forward right? I think that lots of places should give us two for one deals...like ALL doctors offices, department stores, grocery stores....Maybe I could get a hair cut if would could get two for one diapers or formula!!! I was sort of complaining about how the box of 204 diapers will be gone in 22-25 days for us but for a singe baby the box could last for almost 50 days!!! She said that the was she sees it is that most people will end up having at least 2 kids. When you have twins you buy enough for 2 at once. When you don't have twins you don't do that. She said that with inflation we might actully be saving money....thats a fun way to look at thing =) Speaking of saving money...my dear sister Julie found a ginormous play yard for $25.00!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! We can hold off on baby proofing the entire upstairs and the babies can stop rolling under the recliner!!! Well...I think I made this just as long and borning...sorry...Andrew is texing me to come downstairs and finish watching the movie we started last night (we couldn't stay up long enough to watch it...we are so old). LATER TATERS...enjoy the pictures =)


so....here is an awesome Elliott smile....then a pretty big Aaron smile....to bad they are in different pics!!!





Aaron getting to spend time with his daddy.......meanwhile Elliott found a cord to chew on =(



two baby smiles in ONE picture!!! That is some wicked redeye!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew does not make "poor financial decisions". You must be mistaken.

annabelle said...

I love those little dudes too! And I'm sooooo very happy they are sleeping better. I'm sure they'd be even happier if they got to go to Kings Island! =)