Thursday, August 28, 2008

sick

The boys are sick. It is very sad. They have been sick before but not like this. They have terrible coughs and Elliott has to use a nebulizer. I am trying to be super cool about it but I am really freaking out. I know that lots of kids have to use a nebulizer...I even know two...Jake and Jackson, but it is still very very scary for me. Elliott really doesn't like it very much but has fallen asleep both times we have done it at home. He sounds much better!!! Dr. Maini said that if Elliott gets worse tonight and the breathing treatment isn't working to take him to the ER...then she said I don't want to freak you out....luckly I think that he is much better so I am going to try not to obsess and check on him every 5 minutes if he stays asleep. I wasn't even going to call the doctor because they say that they can't do anything for a cold., but he kept getting worse and Julie said to call...so I did. The office sounded like I was just an overreacting mom. The lady said that Dr. Maini did have an opening today and asked if I wanted to bring Elliott in...like I really shouldn't. I am very glad we did!!! Aaron started out with a cough on Monday I think...Elliott didn't until Tuesday. They both have runny/stuffy noses. Poor poor babies. None of us have really slept in 2 days. We tried to sleep with them in recliners last night so they could breath better but that didn't work at all. We put blankets under one end of their mattresses tonight so they would be more upright but they keep moving around and ending up at the bottom...then waking completly up and wondering what the heck happened!!! The other solutions are to have them sleep in their cribs in either bouncy seats or their carseats. I don't think they will sleep in either of those plus we let a fried borrow the bouncy seats and we have convertable carseats that aren't super easy to install. I suppose we could try to put them in the swings but I think they might weigh too much....and I am not confident that they would sleep in those either. Anyway....Elliott has to go back to the doctor tomorrow so his pulse ox can be checked and they can listen to him breath...his pulse ox was 91 before the breathing treatment at the office and 93 after...I don't know if that is super bad or not. Mine was 97 when my lung collapsed....Well...I am going to see if I can find something for dinner and try to sleep and not worry about my babies....that is if they sleep...

No comments: