Sunday, August 17, 2008

Its Sunday

It's Sunday. We skipped church. Its hard to go when Andrew has to work. We would have to leave church early and I would have to drop Andrew off at work and then pick him up when he could come home. The biggest problem is that the babies are both sleeping and Andrew isn't home so I would have had to wake the babies to get Andrew from work...I don't think Jesus wants me to do that.

Today was kind of a tough day. Elliott is getting a tooth and I think it is making him cranky and clingy and making it difficult for him to sleep. I had
not made baby food in a long time and the babies only had squash to eat. Grandma Ski bought green beans and peaches for me to make into baby food so I made the greed beans along with some pears yesterday. Today I did the peaches. I started to make the peaches and couldn't really stop once I started. About 5 minutes into it both Elliott and Aaron decided that they wanted to cry and were tired. I didn't want to stop and didn't think it would take too long. Aaron ended up falling asleep in "baby jail" (as Julie calls it). He found a pillow to snuggle with as well as Elliott's paci. I felt super bad about that. Elliott was still crying. Anyway...naps were not that great today and I felt a little distracted by things I wanted to get done...I feel like I kind of neglected the boys today. The fact that a tiny little tooth is coming out of Elliott's gums makes me so very sad. They are not going to be babies for much longer and I really really really love their gummy smiles.

It appears that both babies are asleep....I didn't hear a peep after I put the
m in their cribs. I had to take their bumpers out (I know that I was never supposed to have them in there) and now they can see each other. I think that helps...maybe. The problem is that they lose their pacis and they always fall where I cannot reach them. Maybe they will be getting rid of pacis at bedtime sooner then we thought!!!

In other news....I bathed the babies together in the big tub tonight by myself...and both lived!!! Maybe this does not seem like a super fantastic task but I am proud of myself so poop on you if you don't think I am awesome!!! Also, Aaron did not puke in the tub and neither of them peed before I got their diapers on!!! GO M
E!!! I feel pretty awesome about the timing as well. They were fed bathed and asleep in 1 hour!!! I think that might be more efficient when I am alone. It seems like everything has to be done so fast now that we have the twins. When we are out with them we have to hurry around because they need to eat soon or they need to be napping or we don't want to hear one more person ask if they are twins or if they are identicle or tell us that our hand are full....at home I am in a hurry because one baby is always needing something so when I am changing one baby...that baby wants to be done and the other wants to be held or have his diaper changed ect...I love my life most of the time but to be honest sometimes when Andrew is leaving for work I think and sometimes say out loud "I don't want to do this today". On that note....Andrew is finally home...I am starving (not really as you know if you have seen me lately...I think I could not eat for years and still be fine) and it's time to eat the roast that I have been smelling in the crock pot ALL DAY!!! Enjoy the pictures!!!


Aaron in baby jail


Aaron's first time in a swing...this was taken May 18th.


Elliott's first time in a swing also on May 18th


This is just cute


Aaron eating a monkey with pen marks on his face...he tried to eat a pen earlier in the day...


No comments: