Sunday, August 31, 2008

still sick but better

The boys are still sick. Elliott had to go back to the doctor Friday to make sure the nebulizer was doing its job. Aaron was sounding worse so I called to bring him in too. We saw Dr. Reed instead of Dr. Maini because Dr. Maini was on vacation. Elliott was much better. He is bad on his left side and Aaron is bad on his right. Aaron is having to use the nebulizer now too. They are still coughing tons and have stuffy and runny noses but they are feeling better. Aaron has reverted back to not being able to sleep without being held or in a big bed....oh well. We just need him to be over this sickness. Dr. Reed said they have bronchitis...I thought she said bronchitis but Julie thinks she may have said something else....regardless....their little colds turned into something worse. Dr. Reed said to make sure if they get fevers to bring them in right away for chest x-rays because they could have pnumonia. I think I like Dr. Reed more than Dr. Maini and want to switch. Dr. Reed seems to be more sensitive to their prematurity. I don't want to think of them as these weak little babies because they aren't but nothing will change the fact that they were born premature and their immune systems were compromised because of that....also that I believe that their other body systems could be just a little behind like their tummies. Dr. Reed introdued herself and said that she saw that they were preemies but not getting synagis. I was happy that they weren't getting synagis because I hate when they cry from shots...I hate when they cry in general....Part of me was a little nervous about Dr. Maini not wanting them to have Synagis again this year. I have been told by everyone else medically involved with the boys that they would most likely get the shot for two seasons. After them having to use a nebulizer I was more nervous about them not getting it so I was actually relieved that Dr. Reed ordered them to get it again.

In other news....they boys are feeling better and are super active. I did a treatment with Elliott at midnight on Friday/Saturday. He went crazy!!! He was so hyper!!! I layed down in baby jail and tried to sleep while he crawled all over the place like a crazy kid for 45 minutes. I didn't even turn on a light. Then he scooted over to me and whined and went to sleep!!! Aaron doesn't seem to get hyper at all from the treatments but Elliott hadn't either until that midnight one. Aaron hates them but will tolerate them if he has his paci...I don't know if it is as effective that way but otherwise he would be getting nothing and screaming at the top of his lungs. He falls asleep before its over.

I haven't been putting rice in Aaron's bottles because it seems like he shouldn't have such thick bottles when he is all congested. He hasn't been puking so I think maybe we will just stop putting rice in. Aaron is still crawling on his hands and knees....totally skipped the army crawl thing. He is slow but steady. Its so strange that a week ago they couldn't sit and now they do it like they always have....how amazing. Elliott pulled himself up to standing in his crib today. I put Aaron in Elliott's crib so I could keep them away from the nebulizer machines in thier room while I looked for missing pacis. I lowered the side of the crib and Elliott reached up and stood. I will attach a picture. He was so happy!!! He found that it's super fun to chew on the crib rail =) They will be walking before we know it and way before we are ready!!! Oh I almost forgot. I am a bit of a terrible mother. I left the vicks baby rub in baby jail. I was rocking Elliott and my mom was watching Aaron in baby jail. She looked away for a minute to do something and when she looked back Aaron had opened the baby rub and had it ALL over him. He smelled super good =) She didn't think he ate any because there were globs all over his clothes. We called poison control and they said it was fine and to give him a drink to get the taste out of his mouth...in case he ate some. My ever smart mom took it upon herself to take other things out of baby jail like butt paste that has a screw on top. I told her that they love to chew on tubes of butt paste....then she read on the tube that you need to seek immediate medical help if it is swallowed!!! So...lesson learned. I need to be much more careful about what I leave with my babies....they are smart and can do much much much more than they could before.

later
Jen


The boys in their new jammies from aunt Katie...notice the difference in their bellies!!!



Elliott standing =)



Elliott in a Pampers box



Aaron in a Pampers box



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are adorable. Poor Jake, he was really sick today. I don't think Jack felt to good either and Jenna sleep all afternoon. Jordan ate dilly bars all day and he said he felt great. Maybe you should give the boys dilly bars. I'm glad to hear they are feeling better. I will try to get down to see ya asap. Love ya Mom

TypeOneEric said...

Pictures are so cute, but I can't help but mention the butt paste chewing.