Thursday, January 24, 2008

HELP!!!



I just had the most terrible 20 minutes of my life!!! I may be exaggerating...a little. Both boys were SCREAMING and I was freaking out. Elliott was poopy (YAY!!!) and Aaron was sooo tired. I was changing Elliott, which he didn't like at all, while Aaron sat screaming in the baby papasan chair. I wanted to calm Elliott down and put him into the bassinet before getting Aaron. I was crying because he was crying and I think that I may have harmed him mentally. I ended up figuring out a way to hold both of them until they both calmed down and I was able to put both of them into the bassinet. Now Elliott is grunting in the bassinet like he is in pain or uncomfortable while Aaron is sleeping peacefully. It's 5:46. They will eat again at 6:30 but I think that Elliott is beginning to wake up and he will want to eat. I used to have time to nap but now that they are awake more and take longer to go to sleep, I have no time. I feed and change them one at a time. After they eat they have to be held for a little bit just to make sure they are not going to throw up. They usually cry when I put them down but I have to because at that time the other baby is so hungry he is crying like crazy. After all the feeding and diapering is done I have to pump. Then wash bottles. By then usually one of them has woken up and is upset and screaming. I calm that baby and put him back to sleep. THen it's about time to eat again. What a busy mom I am . I try to get some laundry done in between times and I would love to paint a room or unload the dishwasher for Annie but I just don't have time. This is crazy, but AWESOME!!! I added a couple pictures of the boys on their due date. They managed to get baths yesterday, but I still didn't. This would not be a good time to stop by as you would throw up from my stench!!!

3 comments:

GREAT AUNT JEAN said...

HI JEN,
YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN,CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR A MINUTE AND THANK GOD FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES. I KNOW HE WILL HELP YOU.AND YOU KNOW AUNTS CAN COME ON THEIR DAYS OFF JUST CALL.
LOVE GREAT AUNTJEAN

Jen said...

Jen, I'm right over here. Just kidding, people. I was at work during this, I promise!

The momma said...

we will figure something out... i think you need to try the swing and you need to pump hands free...i have a plan