Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The importance of napping

Well...EVERYONE has told us to sleep when the babies sleep. Did I listen...nope and now I am paying. I was so crazy last night I thought the babies were in on their own little conspiracy to keep me awake. Elliott was so fussy!!! I picked him up and laid him down in our bed while I tended to a fussy Aaron. The second I put him down in our bed he stopped crying!!! Like he needs to sleep in a queen size bed!!! What a brat!!! I love my babies ALL the time but I LIKE them a lot more during the day when they sleep better =)

Dr. Denise (the chiropracter) is coming to the house today to adjust the babies...hopefully find Elliott's "poop button". Aaron does not need his pushed at this time. He was poopy at almost every diaper change yesterday. It seemed like he was having a hard time getting rid of all the poopiness at once. I think that probably 8 out of every 10 diaper changes Aaron pees on whoever is changing him. It's some kind of talent he has. We are getting better and better and keeping the pee from getting all over his clothes and blanket and us but it still happens sometimes. I think whoever invented the "peepee teepee" was super smart. Aaron spit up what Andrew thinks was all of his bottle this morning. Normally I would freak out but Dr. Maini didn't think that spitting up an entire bottle just once a day was a big deal so I won't freak out. We took his temp and it was fine. OH....I don't think that I have blogged since they went to the doctor on the 31st. Elliott weighed 5lbs 5oz and Aaron 4lbs 15oz!!! Aaron gets to be in the regular carseat!!! Andrew called St. Francis today to find out what we are supposed to do with the carbed. Praise God that we get to get rid of that thing. The boys are really getting fat!!! Elliott is almost too long for the preemie clothes now, but the newborn clothes are WAY too big. It's too bad most of the preemie stuff is footed. Oh well...he will just have to wear stuff that is too big for a while. The way they are growing it won't be long before they have outgrown lots of their clothing.

It looks like its feeding time again...until next time...
Jen


2 comments:

Shelia Wallace said...

Your boys now weigh what the girls weighed at their birth. That is so awesome. They are making progress. The girls and I are excited to see them soon.

Love ya.

mithun said...

Really well done for the blog.these are so sweet and pretty!

Preemie Clothes