Monday, January 21, 2008

two days left

Well...this sure is an exciting time. The boys are almost 0!!! That's right. My due date is the 23rd...two days!!! I can't believe we have had them around for 2 months already. What sucks a little is that most parents think that is two months down...YAY...for us it's like we have had them for two months but those two months they were supposed to be inside so it doesn't really count as far as development. When I read that the babies will cry the most at 6 weeks and then start to cry less...I am thinking that we are almost done....but then I read that it is 6 weeks after the due date so really we haven't even started. This makes me nervous because sometimes Aaron will cry and cry and can't be calmed. It seems like hours but really it's probably only a few minutes. I think that all in all our babies are super calm and awesome. I thought that I wanted them to be awake and alert more, but now that they are doing that I am wishing they would sleep all the time again =) Like I mentioned in my last blog, I am reading a couple books. One is How to Soothe Your Newborn (or something close to that). The other one is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child it talkes about not letting your baby be awake for more then a 1-2 hour window or they will be overtired and not be able to sleep. This totally freaks me out. I keep watching the clock during feeding times and trying so hard to make (usually) Elliott go back to sleep before he has been awake for too long. I want them to be able to fall alseep away from Andrew and I. It also talks about putting the baby in bed before they are totally asleep so that they will learn to self soothe and fall asleep without being held. This is so important!!! Since there are two and I am only one and Andrew has to work, they both cannot be held all the time. I want them to sleep at the same time (as any mother would) so they HAVE to learn to fall asleep in their bed. As healthy as I believe it is to allow your infant to sleep in the "family bed", this is not all that do-able for us. We don't sleep well with them in bed with us because it's not as comfy when you are constantly worried that you will roll over one. We do let them sleep with us when they won't settle down...worried sleep is better then no sleep!!! All in all the boys are doing great. They look like regular babies instead of tiny babies and are eating and gaining weight like the little piggies they are.

It looks like we are going to put on offer in on the house. Here is a link...I hope it works...http://www.maloofrealty.com/search/listing.asp?mls=1090788&MLSArea=1
We will need to remove ALL the wallpaper and paint everything but it's nice right? Plus, we will be just about across the street from my sister Julie. Right now we live with my sister Annie. It will be sad to leave even though we are really out growing our room. The boys have their own room but I just can't separate from them yet. I have been complaining about not having our own space to live for months. Now that we are close to having our own space, I am worried and sad to leave. I am going to miss Annie a ton!!! This house is pretty much everything we have been looking for but haven't been able to afford...we can't affort this one either since our house in Elkhart hasn't sold. It's missing a fireplace and the garage isn't attached. We could make the garage kind of attached, but I don't think we will be adding a fireplace. Maybe we won't even get it. Who knows.... Joe (the bother-in-law and fix it champion) is looking at the house this morning to make sure that any repairs it needs he can repair. This is a definate benifit of living back in Illionis!!!

I need to try to catch some z's before having to feed my sweet little -2 days old babies. I just had a wonderful left over salisbury steak breakfast...thanks mom =) Later taters
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice house!!! Good luck! I hope there's a spare room for the Asian.

The momma said...

BOTHER in law.... LMAO I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!