Thursday, January 17, 2008

its been a while

It's been a while since I have blogged...sorry. I am so very sleepy and it seems like such a pain to turn the computer on.

I don't think lots has changed since I last updated. I was able to feed both boys at once...in their carseats. It wasn't bad. Burping is still an issue, but I think Elliott and Aaron are getting more patient and they know that they will get to eat as soon as they burp. Andrew bought two books on half.com to help us learn how to best help the boys sleep and be happy. I just scanned through one last night (written by a doctor) and I am pretty sure that it suggests having the boys sleep with us. They sleep much better when they are with us. Elliott doesn't make a sound and when he is in the bassinet is groans and grunts..like he is uncomfortable or in pain. It's an awful sound. They also don't puke as much. A home health nurse came here on Monday to give the boys their anti-RSV shots. They hated it but were quickly calmed. She weighed them...Elliott weighs 6 pounds 8 ounces and Aaron is 6 pounds 2 ounces. It seems like Aaron will quickly catch up to Elliott. They are getting pretty fat...I think that they need to be off of the high calorie formula. I know it's important for them to gain weight but it's not healthy for them to be fat. Plus...I think the formula is hard for them to digest. If only I could breastfeed....

Andrew had the day off yesterday and we looked a like a million houses. We took turns going in the houses to look around so the boys didn't have to be taken in and out of the car a bagillion times. It looks like we might put an offer in on a house in Mackinaw. Grandma Bock (Patti, Andrew's mom for those that do not know) is coming here on Friday and will go through the house with Andrew. I will most likely stay home with the boys...that's my life...and I kind of like it!!! Just a side note...sometimes I feel trapped at home, but as soon as I get out I want to be back with the boys and when I take them out *gasp* I worry and just want them home. I am nervous and can't relax when I am not with them. It is nothing against anyone who might want to give us a break and stay with them...I think it's that I'm a new mom and can't stand to think that my babies could die without me there and I would have missed precious time with them...and the fact that it's hard for me to let anyone do anything for me because they will do it "wrong". I know that sucks and I am working on it. Andrew has made formula twice!!! That's a big step!!! Back to the house...the house in Mackinaw was built in 2000 and went into foreclosure. Our relator, Mario, thinks we can get a pretty good deal on it. It will be sold as is and we will have to pay for an inspection...which we will!!! It's practically across the street from my sister Julie which is awesome, but probably 20 minutes further for Andrew to get to work and from our doctor and the hospitals. I will be sure to keep you updated on our house search and the selling of our house in Indiana.

Last Saturday I was finally able to have a baby shower. It was fun. I loved seeing my cousin (once removed? =) Shelia and her twin girls Kristen and Miranda. Also Andrew's aunts from Iowa, Ann and Sheila. It's that fun to have two Shelia, Sheila's together and spelled differently? Sheila took tons of great pictures...including a picture of my twins with the other Shelia's twins. This girls were awesome!!! We all need to get together more often. Two of my great aunts were also here and all of my regular aunts...except for Joy in Florida. It was fun and we had yummy cake made by Annie...if anyone needs a super awesome fun cake call Annie...I can help sometime and make a cute baby out of fondant. Anyway, the boys were given some great stuff that we have already put to use. Andrew and I finally put one of the cribs together last night and completed it with a mattress and sheet Annie gave to the boys. Now I need to decide whether or not I am ready to move them to the next room over. I'll have to read the book to see what it says =) Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chairs are the best invention ever and we were so blessed to be given two of them...the boys don't need them now but they will in no time. I went online a couple days ago and bought cute bedding for the boys and some other things that we did not receive.

I can't seem to stay on one subject at a time...A lady from the health department came over yesterday...I don't really know how she helps but we I guess she can stay involved. She talked to us about how it would be good if we could qualify for a medical card for the boys. I don't think that we do but if we do then we could probably get WIC and that would pay for formula...that would be a huge help!!! The boys get one bottle of breast milk a day and the rest is formula. It is so very expensive, but I don't think that we will be able to get it. They look at gross income and it looks like Andrew makes a lot with commission...only like half of that is taken in taxes. Anyway...this computer doesn't know that it is plugged in and is about to die. SOrry this is so long and boring. Later taters

Jen

2 comments:

The momma said...

weird I read this EXACTLY 12 hours after you posted it...
If one of those books is "Becoming Babywise" THROW IT OUT!!!!! crunch crunch crunch

Jillian Frank said...

I second Julie on the "Becoming Babywise" comment (except I suggest burning it, not just throwing it out). If Andrew picked up anything by Ezzo, just demolish it!