Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm learning!!!

Well...I have learned two valuable lessons in the past 30 hours. The first is that I am clearly not coordinated enough to bottle feed both the babies at once in a boppy. I bet it looked super funny. I wish it would have been video taped. I had both boys in a boppy but the kept rolling towards each other and trying to each others head. I finally was able to get them straight and was able to feed them. Then I started to panic about how I was going to burp them. When there is only one baby in the boppy, that baby falls over and looks terribly uncomfortable. I decided I could burp them both at once. I was able to get a baby on each of my shoulders and tried to burp them, but they were so unhappy!!! I laid them down and fed them one at a time while the other screamed. Maybe tomorrow I will try to feed them in their car seats. They will be upset when the other is being burped but it should save time right?

The second thing I learned is that I really really REALLY hate Huggies and Luvs diapers. I want my beloved Pampers again!!! I thought that I would love the Luvs because they have Blues Clues on them but I do not love them. Its like Huggies and Luvs are made of paper and Pampers are more cloth like and they seem to fit the boys better. We have a bunch of Huggies that came with a diaper cake and my BFF gave us Luvs. The Luvs are much better than the Huggies..in fact...we just aren't using the Huggies. I think the biggest problem with the Huggies is that the tabs are not sticky on any part and we need the sticky part to help keep the babies monitor cords from pulling the sticky things off their bodies when they are picked up and stuff. The sticky part on the Luvs tab is not very sticky and its small. This is a very useless paragraph...I am sorry that you just read it!!!

Elliott and Aaron continue to do well. Their monitors were downloaded yesterday and Dr. Maini called me today with the results. They weren't all that good. All this time we thought that Elliott was beeping more than Aaron, but were happy that both seemed to not be beeping as much...until the past two days when Aaron decided to have a low heart rate. Anyway, Dr. Maini told me how many clinically significant apnea's both boys had. I can't remember the numbers but Aaron had more than Elliott. When she said apnea I think its low heart rate because Aaron only beeped for an apnea once and they told me that was a false alarm. I think Aaron had like 9 and I really can't remember Elliott's number. Aaron's number was high enough that we could put him back on caffeine. He has been off caffeine for some time. Dr. Maini asked if when he beeped if he ever turned blue...I told her no and so she said we would hold off on the caffeine and would just keep watching him. She did not seem too concerned and said to have the monitors downloaded again in 4 weeks. Both boys are awake more now and are more picky about when they want to eat. I was so happy to bring them home already on a schedule but it's not sticking anymore. I am sure we will all get back on some kind of schedule soon. It's fun that they are awake more because they are so curious. I love to talk to them and have them look at me. They are so awesome. The only problem is that we don't really have a place to put them when they are awake. I can't hold them both for a super long time when they are all wiggly and we only have one bouncy seat. We do have two boppys but they don't sit in them very well and don't like them because of it. I'm sure we will figure that out too.

Well...I am off to take a nap before feeding my little sweeties again. Later taters
Jen

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love your comments. I can't wait to see you, maybe Andrew, and the boys this coming Saturday. I haven't seen Elliott since he was around 3 weeks old so he probably won't remember me but I think Aaron will since I saw him 12/22.

Love,
Sharon