Friday, November 14, 2008

oh my oh my

Sorry so long!!! I have been lazy. I just didn't want to mess with the camera and waiting forever to get pictures on here. I added a bunch, hope you think they are as cute as I do!!!

Well, some stuff has happened since I last blogged. Elliott started standing up by himself (I haven't seen it but Andrew and the health department lady did). He also took his first steps on Wednesday. I missed the first ones but have seen lots since. I have to say that I felt kind of mad at Elliott for waiting until I was making his lunch to show his dad that he can take steps but really it's pretty awesome Andrew got to see it. I get to see lots of stuff while he is hard at work.

The crazy health department lady came by on last week. It's so irritating when she comes here. I still don't really know why she comes here. She tells me stuff I already know like "don't let them play with knives". I guess the boys have been given 4 books from her and that is nice. She weighed them. Elliott weighed 19 pounds and Aaron was 20.2. I don't remember their heights but Elliott was taller than Aaron. She tested them at 9 months and said that they are behind and Aaron is more behind. I asked her what they should be doing at 12 months and she said "they aren't 12 months, they are 9 months". I asked again and she told me they would be walking at 12 months which is crazy because it's normal for babies to walk anywhere between 10 and 18 months!!! They couldn't roll a ball back and forth but we haven't done that with them. They couldn't wave bye bye but we also haven't done that with them. She gave them these tiny blocks...they were about an inch on all sides. She wanted them to bang them together, but Aaron put the whole block in his mouth. I asked her if they could use bigger blocks since they seemed to be a choking hazard and she said it was a standardized test...what the heck? Why in the world would you give a baby something to play with they could fit in their mouths!!! Anyway, later that day both boys picked up peek-a-blocks and banged them together...GRRRR. I wanted to call her and tell her that Elliott can walk but I didn't. She is dumb and I don't think they are behind. There is a range for everything. Some kids don't talk for a long time, some don't talk for a long time. They have been in the normal range for everything so far according to their real age not their adjusted age. They have been ahead if you look at their adjusted age. I am glad that is off my chest!!!

They boys and I loved having Andrew home for a week. They looked for him when he went back to work this week. It was sad. I wish he would use his vacation days but I understand that he has to be at work to make commission and we need that income.

I have been cooking like a crazy woman and the boys have enjoyed real people meals. They both are drinking from sippy cups (FINALLY) and Elliott is awesome at holding his bottle. They won't drink formula from sippy cups. Weird. Elliott has once but Aaron lets the milk run out of his mouth. I put the formula in a bottle and they both gulp it down. I will just keep on trying. They will both eat anything. They like lima beans (GROSS) and BBQ chicken, beef stroganof, peas and carrots...everything!!! Sometimes Elliott gets mad when I spoon feed him. He likes to pick it up himself but I am not ready to have him eat oatmeal with his hands!!!

I think thats it!!! Enjoy the pictures of my super cute twins!!!

Jen




if you haven't been invited, you are now =)



Elliott didn't like the swing much or he is just trying to be a gangster



Aaron thought it was fun



If you haven't seen him do this face you must come over!!!



Indianapolis Zoo aquarium



Andrew trying to pet a Dog Shark. He did actually pet one and so did I...it was gross.



Elliott trimming his toenails



Playing upstairs at Grandma Bock's.







They had lots of fun banging on the piano at Grandma Bock's!



Sitting in Grandma Bock's chair.







If you didn't figure it out...this is Elliott and Aaron with Grandma Bock.



Andrew's sexy legs



Elliott surfing on his highchair tray.



Aaron is stuck in the Hippo.



But he's happy and oh so very cute!!!

No comments: