Saturday, November 22, 2008

thanksgiving

One year ago today was Thanksgiving. My mom, dad, and sisters brought Thanksgiving to me in the hospital. We were thankful the babies didn't come that day. I was given the steroid shots to help the boys lungs mature...this was a wake-up call to me...they WERE coming soon...very very scary. What I remember most, other than the awesome food and loving family, is that I was scared. Andrew was planning on sleeping at Annie's house (where we were living...thanks Annie) because he wanted to be well rested for "black Friday". We he left the hospital I couldn't stop myself from crying. I didn't know what was wrong. I think had just finished a 24 hour urine thing...that was super fun. I had to pee in a thing on the toilet and then dump it in a jug and put it on ice...awesome!!! I didn't have any results from the 24 hour urine. I didn't know why I was so upset but I think it was because I knew I needed Andrew. I was trying to go to sleep when he came back in my room...I couldn't believe it. He didn't know how upset I was...it was God. He couldn't get in Annie's house and she was in Florida. I am actually starting to cry now...I can remember the relief I felt when he just walked right in...He got in my tiny hospital bed with my big belly and held me until I was calm. I remember not wanting him to leave in the morning but I knew he couldn't call in on "black Friday"...I guess I tell that story tomorrow. I couldn't believe he was back!!!

No comments: