Friday, November 21, 2008

one year ago today...again

I am not for sure what happened a year ago today...it was the day before Thanksgiving and I still thought I would come home. The nurses would tell me I was going to get to go home and the Drs said I wasn't. I guess I chose to believe the nurses. I was still feeling fine. At one point a super nice nurse brought me a different mattress. That was one of the best things ever!!! Andrew had brought more stuff...my belly wedge and big boppy pillow...those things helped keep me comfortable too. The food at Methodist was so so so yummy too. I had this list of super good stuff that I could order from all day long. I was always awake before I could order and had to wait in the morning. The delivery lady was so nice too. One day I was late ordering breakfast and they called me to make sure I was OK!!! I LOVED everyone at Methodist. I was close to the C-section room and got to hear babies screaming down the hallway after being born. There was another mom pregnant with twins in the room next to mine. I didn't get to meet her. She was having boys too. Once was named Owen...I don't remember the name of the other one. She had them at Methodist while I was still there. They were big enough to stay at Methodist and did not have to be moved to the more intensive NICU at St. Francsis. One year ago today I was almost 31 weeks pregnant. I kept remembering the perinatologist telling me that it was important to make it to 32 weeks because there is less chance of a brain bleed....that was so scary to me!!! Thats all for today I guess!!!

Jen

No comments: