Sunday, December 16, 2007

coming home soon?!?!? Elliott and Aaron are 3 weeks old!!!

Well...I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but the word is that the boys will be able to come home by the weekend!!! Andrew and I had to watch three videos tonight that are required to be seen before the boys come home. One was about shaken baby syndrome, one about RSV, and that last about car seat safety. I am even more afraid about the babies getting RSV then I was before. The nurse told us that our babies are at high risk because of their age and also because they will be sleeping together. The doctor will want them to get a monthly shot that will help keep them safe from RSV. We were told that we shouldn't give them kisses...not even on their hands!!! I think I am going to have to kiss them =) Tomorrow night we get to watch a nurse give one of the boys a bath and then we will both have to show the nurse sometime this week that we can give them baths. Also, they boys should have their carseat tests in the next two days or so. They will go home carbeds because they will weigh less than 5lbs...it will be a pain to take them anywhere. I guess maybe they make them that way so you don't take your preemies out when they shouldn't be out. Tomorrow both boys will be taking all of their feedings from bottles and as long as they do well with that, they will no longer have feeding tubes on Wednesday!!! Just in time for pictures with Santa. My mom is making elf costumes for them to wear with Santa. I am sooo excited for that!!! They will even have little pointy hats and shoes!!! They are doing so well with eating and burping!!! They can burp louder then I can =) Andrew and I both changed a poopy Elliott and Aaron pooped today too...only once, but still pooped...yay Aaron and Elliott!!! They both gained weight too. I didn't write it down so I don't know how much but I will make sure to let you know tomorrow. Have a super day...or night...
xoxo
Jen

5 comments:

Josh Frank said...

Awesome blossom - with extra awesome!

Home in time for Christmas? I can think of no better gift.

The momma said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

RSV = #1 reason I breastfeed....however Jordan did have it and he survived, look how great he turned out :-)

I am so excited. I can't wait to bath in purell and look at the babies from afar ;-) I think you should kiss them. They get antibodies for anything you might have from your milk so kiss away.

Oh, and they are going to be the cutest elves ever. Jake wants to be one too :-)

Heather_Short said...

Yea!!!! I want to do a happy dance but you know I'm just not that bold a person! :-) Seriously though how exciting. I will pray extra hard this week that they pass everything. What an awesome Christmas present!! Can't wait to see the elf pictures.

Jillian Frank said...

Wow guys... that's amazing. What a blessed Christmas this will be.

Jen... where do we see pics of these little fellows? Oh... btw... I wrote you a (rather lengthy-sorry!) message through myspace. Just wanted to let you know since I'm not sure if you're checking it regularly.

Keep up the great work, mama!

annabelle said...

Jen & Andrew - so very proud of you both! I know it's been rough and you guys have done an awesome job. So happy it's finally time for those little guys to come home. I am soooo looking forward to seeing them everyday!