Saturday, December 15, 2007

movin' down...but it's a good thing

Well...things get better everyday!!! Yesterday the boys were back together. Today they were moved to the first floor!!! It's still the NICU but one nurse told me that they move "the best babies" down to the first floor. I always knew I had the best babies!!! They will have the same nurses and the same rules apply but it seems they are just one step closer to coming home. I was surprised to see that Elliott is now in an open crib...keeping his temperature. Both took all of their bottle feedings today and had minimal puke. Aaron finished his bottle in less than 10 minutes tonight when I fed him and didn't puke at all. The little sweetie fell asleep on my shoulder when he was finished. Andrew didn't make it to the hospital in time to feed Elliott but he was fed by his favorite nurse, Roxie. Sadly tonight is Roxie's last night. She is a traveling nurse and after spending a couple weeks with her family in Kentucky, she is going to Hawaii for a few months. She told me that Elliott was awake for 3 hours last night and was just loving to be held. She said that every time she put him down he threw a fit, but calmed down after she wrapped him up in a blanket. I am just happy by babies are being held when we are not there. Aaron pooped so much today he lost a few grams!!! They are going to work on getting him into an open crib. They are both really growing. They look less and less fragile every day. I am so proud to be their mommy. I don't really feel like a mommy, but I know I will when they get home. There are only three babies in the room they are in now. It's quieter and bigger. They are still next to each other but further apart. I am hoping that their cords are long enough that we can still put them together sometimes. Make sure you check out the new pictures today. They are cute. I think that I have rambled on long enough in this super long paragraph. I am sorry that this is a terrible paragraph...I just didn't want to split things up tonight.
xoxo
Jen

No comments: