Sunday, December 9, 2007

kangarooing is the BEST!!!

I can't think of anything clever to write so I'll just give a baby update and not be clever...

Elliott
I don't know if I mentioned that Elliott (at his last weight check) weighs 3.3 pounds now!!! What a little fatty = ) I found out that he is up to three nipple feedings a day. I guess that sometimes we need to know the questions to ask because they don't tell us everything that happens. At his feeding this morning he took 12ml. I think his bottle had 25ml in it...maybe more. He was puking often today but I think it was because he was being fed formula. I am providing them breast milk but am having a hard time making enough for these guys...I'm a little worried. I asked a nurse why they were being fed formula even after I had given them lots of ml of breast milk today and she explained that they mix fortifier in the milk and have to have a certain amount of milk to mix the fortifier in. I am guessing that the nurses don't do the mixing but I am not sure and feel too tired to find out. I know that they are getting breast milk when ever it is available. Hopefully I will start making more then they can consume and then they won't have so much indigestion. On a happy note, I finally asked to kangaroo Elliott. His nurse seemed annoyed and asked if I just wanted to hold him and I was assertive and told her I wanted to kangaroo. It was then best!!! I haven't felt that close to either baby since then were inside. I can't wait to kangaroo Aaron tomorrow and maybe Elliott too!!! Elliott just slept on me. It was the sweetest thing ever...I just can't wait to get them home!!! Elliott, later, peed on me.

Aaron
Aaron as of today weighs 3 pounds. He will probably be nipple feeding twice a day starting tomorrow. I fed him today with a bottle and he took half I think but I usually don't know how much they start with. He will be eating 27ml. His nurse said he will stay at 27ml. He will still gain weight and grow, he just won't be getting more for awhile. Aaron was also pretty pukey today but, again, I think it's because his belly digests milk better than formula. I am hoping they will be back to milk tomorrow. There is nothing else new with Aaron...I guess I could mention that he peed on his nurse today. Oh...I saw the mean nurse in his room and started to freak out but she isn't his nurse...YAY!!! I am sure he will sleep better knowing he doesn't have the mean nurse. Both boys are pooping a lot....YAY!!! I feel kind of bad because Elliott's paragraph is longer than Aaron's...I did explain some stuff in Elliott's and I didn't get to kangaroo Aaron...tomorrow I hope!!!

off to bed....

1 comment:

The momma said...

((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))

Please call me if you need to talk. I love you. And Andrew. And those babies!!!!!