Thursday, December 20, 2007

mixed feelings













As you can see Santa did come to see the boys today. It was super fun. Aaron just kind of slept the whole time...I think he liked Santa's beard. Elliot was awake and very hungry. They didn't like getting into their elf outfits but didn't really mind them once they were back in their beds and sleeping...waiting on Santa to get there. Next year is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!
Both boys are doing great. Elliott's belly is fine, but he needs to poop. Aaron pooped twice for sure today and I am pretty sure he had pooped again tonight but I didn't want to wake him up to change him so close to a feeding time. If the babies are awake and worn out before they are fed then they don't eat as well because they are too tired. Anyway...during rounds today Dr. Hocker said that they were doing great and that Aaron will probably come home TOMORROW!!! Elliott still had to pass his car seat test...which he failed again. He is just not ready to come home. His pulse ox can't go below 88 and it did within 15 minutes. It has something to do when them laying flat. So I kind of freaked out because I guess I didn't really think that they would ever let me take them home so we are not ready. We didn't have any diapers and I just felt we needed a nurse with us too!!! They have been out of my belly for 3 weeks and I haven't had to do anything for them. I feed and diaper them as much as possible but I am not with them 24 hours a day!!! I am nervous to have Aaron home and I really hate leaving Elliott. Now they will be apart yet again and Elliott is left at the hospital without his little bother. I know that he won't even know but it still makes me sad. I wanted them to come home together so bad and it looked like they would. I am happy in a way because this means that Elliott will have longer to be watched super closely so they know he doesn't have NEC. I am still feeling positive that Elliott will be home by Christmas. Andrew and I still have to take a CPR class, learn about the monitors, and watch them give one of the babies a bath. Oh...the car bed has to get in the car and I think we have to show that we can buckle Aaron in or something. It seems like a lot to pack in tomorrow...when Andrew is working, but we will figure it out. I just might be holding a baby when I am typing tomorrow. Oh...this is just for Jillian...I will email you back soon!!! Just need to find time =)
xoxo
Jen

2 comments:

Heather_Short said...

how exciting to have one baby home! it won't be long before elliot follows aaron home. how did it go today? did you get everything done that needed to be done? i realize you will answer this in the post tonight but wanted to ask anyway. :-)

sue b. said...

Hey Jen and Andrew and baby Elliott and baby Aaron! i was so excited to hear about the babes! Somewhere along the line, i had forgotten you were expecting! They are just precious!! So cute in the Elf outfits...they'll love ya' when they're 18!!
Jen, you are going to make a Wonderful mommy...you were a such a Great babysitter...a Favorite!!!
We will be praying for those boys to continue to grow healthy and handsome (like their daddy!). Also, that you will all be together for Christmas...at Home, preferably!!
Hugs and Love, sue berberich ("