Sunday, December 23, 2007

sleep is awesome...I miss it =)

Well...I think we should have been on "Bringing Home Baby". We did much better in the first 36 hours then the people I have seen. Andrew has been AWESOME!!! Way to go in raising him Patti!!! He is already a super dad and husband. I get up with Aaron in the early AM (2:30 and 5:30) then when I think I can't get up again, Andrew is ready to feed Aaron and snuggle with him if he gets fussy. I love how much he loves his babies.

Elliott is being a poop...he did finally poop last night after some help, but he pooped tons!!! It was army green. Today he was put back on the pulseox (I just don't know how to spell that) today so that everything that is monitored can be downloaded and they can see what he is doing and maybe why he isn't passing his car seat thing. He will be tested again on Monday or late Sunday night. The sleep disorder center place that will look at the downloaded information from the monitors is not open on the weekends so I am guessing that is why they are waiting until Monday to test him again. I brought his car seat to the hospital and I think he would pass in it because it doesn't lay flat like the carbed. His nurse tonight said that his heart rate did go down enough 2 or 3 times today that the alarm dinged 1- 3 times. This really isn't a big deal. He didn't need any help to bring the rate back up and I am guessing that if full term babies were put on monitors they might ding as well. Aaron dinged again today for a low heart rate. I just stared at the monitor, seeing that his heart was still beating, until it stopped dinging. It only dinged 3 times. Aaron was sleeping soundly...maybe he got too relaxed. I guess I don't want Elliott home if he isn't ready but it almost sucks more to have one baby at home and one in the NICU. Plus...the baby that is in Aaron's old spot might have NEC....so so so very scary. I need to sleep a little before I get to get feed Aaron at 2:30. I am super distracted so I am not sure this makes much sense. Later taters!!! Keep on praying..and I love your comments. I would reply if I felt I had time..I could make time...maybe...just know that I love reading your comments!!!
Jen

2 comments:

Eric said...

I've been getting plenty of sleep. Its pretty nice.

Jamee said...

I've got to get over there to see Aaron...and hopefully Elliott will be there then too. Hopefully this week.

Oh and you'll never get sleep again so you might as well forget about it and how awesome it is. :)