Monday, December 3, 2007

Gainin' weight!

Andrew here...Now that Jen has had these babies, she's the only one that isn't gainin' weight. She's losing it daily with eating all that high fiber food and from drinking what seems like 10-15 full bottles of water a day. My boys and I, on the other hand, are still going strong. Elliott and Aaron stopped shedding weight and are keeping down more and more of their feedings, so they are back up to their birth weights already (It's common for babies to lose several ounces following the birth). I, however, will never see my birth weight again (thank goodness). And I am doing a lot of snacking and laying around with Jen as she recuperates. It's not my fault though. Have you been to McDonald's lately? If you just want a single-patty cheeseburger, because you like the taste and proportion of the bread to the meat, it's $0.99 cents... But if you look at the value menu, you will see that a double cheeseburger is just $1.00! You have to stop and think....Who am I to turn down a second patty for only a penny more? Now, I know that ordering this burger with its extra patty is probably not sticking it to the "McDonald's Man" by very much, but I can't help but order the Double, because getting an extra patty for a penny is unheard of...and let's not even talk about the extra piece of cheese.


Wow, that was a tangent.

As far as the rest of the news, both boys are eating well and Jen was able to give Elliott a small amount of milk from a bottle today. He even held his temperature outside of the incubator for 20 minutes while she held him and fed him, so they say that we should be able to do something called Kangaroo care with at least him as early as tomorrow. That's where either Jen or myself would hold him skin-to-skin against one of our chests for optimal warmth and comfort.

Both boys are getting rid of waste very well now, too. We were worried about Aaron, because he has needed a couple suppositories already. But he went twice on his own today. Does Jen get this detailed? :)

We are so happy and hopeful as they continue to run at the top of their class! Of course, they could still have their bad days ahead, but we feel like it may not be as unlikely to see them coming home for Christmas...and we are praying for just that!

1 comment:

The momma said...

Yeah for being back to birth weight already. The boys already ahead of my kids. I can't wait to see them tomorrow...I hope I get to see them anyway. Love you guys!!!!!!!