Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The mean nurse

Today was Andrew's first day back to work since I was moved to St. Francis on Saturday, November 24th. I didn't like that he had to leave and started to wonder....how bad could it be living on welfare...just kidding

Elliott drank 11 cc's from a bottle today....then I think he spit it all up later...but at least he is figuring out some hard stuff...how to suck, swallow, and breath all at the same time!!! He is continuing to gain weight. Tonight he was wide awake and was really looking like a "regular" baby. He was super squirmy and was working very hard to pull out his feeding tube. Yesterday was the first day that I heard him making baby noises...not crying but the little baby noises, so sweet. When I was feeding him today he was very awake and looking at me. I think he knows I am his mom even though the nurses are with him more.

Aaron no longer has his pulse ox monitor....this happened yesterday. He was also given his PICC line over night on December 2nd and 3rd. While I was feeding Elliott, Aaron's nurse gave him a bath. I was with Elliott when I heard a baby crying in the other room. I said to my sister Carrie "I hope that's not my baby" and then it turns out that it was. He didn't like his bath much but he was calm and oh so sweet when we saw him. He was wide awake for a few minutes and then he started to fall asleep. Taking a bath can really take a lot out of a guy!!! Aaron is also gaining weight and was able to maintain his body temperature even with both of his isolette doors were open.

Both babies are still have some difficulty digesting. They seem to be having a contest over who can puke the most. I think that Aaron is winning at this point. I was able to hold Aaron for the first time today. His nurse was mean and was blaming him for puking...like he can help it...we don't like her. While I was holding Aaron, he looked all around and then looked at me. We talked about how mean the nurse was and how I could smuggle him out. We decided that since I didn't have a car, car seats, or a winter suit for him he should stay in the hospital. OH..I was changing Aaron's diaper and got peed on for the first time by one of my own babies!!! Elliott peed all over himself when the nurse changed his diaper at the same time.

That's all for tonight. I am so tired and really need to go to bed. xoxoxoxo Jen

1 comment:

katie10681 said...

Thanks for posting the updates! I look forward to reading them every day. I love those little guys so much and pray for them, you, and andrew constantly. I'm a very proud aunt! :)