Wednesday, December 12, 2007

so sleepy

I couldn't do a blog last night...just too tired!!! I didn't get to the hospital until after 5pm. It's just hard to get ready when pumping has to happen every other hour or more. It's also not healthy to be at the hospital all day =) I really appreciate all the positive and uplifting comments. You don't know what it means to me to hear that I am not a failure for not being able to keep my babies cooking longer and for having such a hard time pumping. Sometimes all this crap...all of this stuff that wasn't planned...having to ask stranger if I can hold my babies....sometimes it all gets to me and I don't think I can do it anymore. Then some super great person reminds me that I can do it, that I am stronger then I think I am. I have been able to ask more questions and not stop until I understand the answers. I am more comfortable with my babies and more comfortable with their nurses. I know that I am not going to break them and the nurses are so helpful and supportive...not all the nurses but most of them. well....on with the update =)

Elliott
Elliott didn't have any new orders after rounds with the doctor today. He took his entire bottle last night and this morning. His nurse told me that he regurged last night after he ate but she thought it was because he was working so hard to poop...then he had massive poop in his diaper. At least we know that part of him is working well!!! I fed him last night and he took that entire bottle too. His nurse said that he will probably be moved to three bottle feedings a day now and that since he is almost 3lbs 8oz (he weighs 1580 grams and 1588 grams is 3lbs 8oz), he will probably also be getting more at each feeding. He hasn't had any brady cardia episodes in a couple days and is also doing well keeping his temperature. His issolette was set at 29.1 (I think) and when he can keep his temperature when his isolette is at 28 then he can be put in an open crib. I think it's 28...I am not good at remembering numbers. He looked super good and his nurse (I think her name is Roxie...awesome) let me hold him for a long time. He was so cozy sleeping on his mommy!!! So...once he is in an open crib and can keep his temp then all he has to do is continue to eat and gain weight and not stop breathing and keep his heart beating. The boys eat every three hours so they eat 8 times a days. They have to complete all 8 of their feedings from a bottle before they can go home. I don't think either baby will make it for Christmas but maybe before January.

Aaron
Aaron also finished his entire bottle in the morning and at night and he is now taking 27mL at each feeding. He didn't have trouble with any reflux stuff. He should be moving to 3 bottles a day as well. As of yesterday he weighed 1440 grams...that is almost 3lbs 3 oz...1446 grams is 3lbs 3oz. I haven't been to the hospital yet today and I haven't called because I want to talk to the nurses after rounds and they probably haven't finished rounds in Elliott's room yet. I am sure that both boys are doing awesome. Aaron had this super great nurse last night, Rebecca. I like her lots. She was feeding a different baby. I asked her if I could take Aaron out to hold him and she said that was fine. I wrapped him up in a blanket and held my little sweetie. I tried to put his hat on but I dropped it on the floor so Rebecca brought a different hat...it was a snowman...so cute. We have pictures that I will put on Snapfish probably tonight. We left the camera at the hospital because Rebecca and Roxie were going to try to get the boys together for a picture. Roxie had Elliott night before last too and said that she took him to see Aaron...Aaron was sleeping but she put Elliott's face up to Aaron's and told him it was his brother. They have been trying to move them into the same room for like a week but it hasn't happened yet. Roxie said that they tried to move Elliott in with Aaron and she was sad because Elliott is her best baby. It ended up not happening. Maybe they were able to move them last night...who knows. I think that both boys are super and the nurses in each of their rooms don't want to give them up!!!

If you don't have the snapfish album and you would like to see pictures of the boys, give me your email address and I will send you the album. I didn't want everyone to have it at first because the early pictures of the boys are so scary. They look so fragile and their skin looks like it hurts. They look better everyday!!! Thanks for reading a praying and being so super supportive!!!
Jen

No comments: